Is there a link between logistics software and customer satisfaction?
The customer is king, even in B2B relationships.
While consumers are notorious for having little tolerance for poor customer experiences, this is perhaps even more true in the business world, where people’s livelihoods and reputations are on the line. If you let your customer down, they could be paying a massive price due to one slip up on your end, potentially having exponential ill effects for the customer.
Reliability is just the start. It’s imperative. Today’s businesses expect more.
Your customers want full visibility of their orders and cargo at all times. They want things to be simple and efficient. They contacted you because you’re the logistics expert, so they want you to fully own that piece of the puzzle for them.
An Uphill Battle Awaits – Pick Your Logistics Software Wisely
Is there a link between logistics software and customer satisfaction? The answer is yes. Without the right logistics software in place, it’s an uphill battle to meet these growing expectations. You’ll be left scrambling to answer an onslaught of calls and emails – that could have been prevented altogether with a customer-facing cargo tracking portal. You’ll run your warehouse staff ragged trying to meet shipping deadlines without the right warehouse automation tools.
So, sure, you can have happy customers. But, at what cost? Without the right logistics technology in place, you won’t have the tools needed to protect your profit margins and grow your business. You’ll fall behind the competition.
You know you need to equip yourself with an efficient logistics system and smart automation tools. But, where exactly should you focus your modernization efforts? What will give you the greatest return on investment? There is no one-size-fits-all answer here. The best place to start is to look at your goals – analyze how the business is doing today and compare that with where you want to be.
What’s your customer satisfaction index?
Your success hinges on the happiness of your customers. Are they coming to you for all their logistics needs? Are they recommending you to their colleagues?
Do you really know where you stand with regards to customer satisfaction? How do you collect feedback from your customers?
Consider surveying your customers on a regular basis to keep a finger on the pulse of your customer satisfaction levels and show your customers that you care. Here are some ideas of questions you may want to include in your survey:
- How satisfied are you with your overall experience with our company?
- How satisfied are you with the value you are getting from our services?
- How satisfied are you with the timeliness of our services?
- How likely are you to refer us to a colleague?
- How satisfied are you with our tracking and visibility capabilities?
- How satisfied are you with our rates and prices?
- How satisfied are you with our customer service team?
- How satisfied are you with our handling of your cargo?
- How satisfied are you with our range of services?
- How satisfied are you with our flexibility for special requests?
- How satisfied are you with our billing accuracy and timeliness?
- What services would you like to see us offer in the future?
- How can we serve you better?
Want to learn more about how to grow your logistics company?
Download the Growth Guide for simple tips and easy-to-use tools to help you reach new heights with your business!