At Magaya Corp. the basis of each customer relationship is trust. You have chosen to visit our websites and do business with Magaya Corp., and we honor that relationship with great care, beginning with the information you have chosen to share with us. We believe that your privacy should not be compromised. At the same time, we want to offer you the array of products and services you need. We also want to be able to respond to your requests, customize our websites for you, improve your online experience, and communicate with you.
You should refer back to this document from time to time to make sure that you are aware of any changes or modifications that may be made to this policy. If any such changes are made, they will be posted at this site.
Technology and new marketing practices have increased the amount of customer information collected and shared in today’s marketplace. Consumers are concerned about the impact this development has or might have on their privacy and reputation. At Magaya Corp., we are sensitive to the importance of these concerns. We want to serve consumers as effectively and conveniently as possible, and such service involves making use of technology and customer information. But we also want our customers to be confident that their relationship with Magaya Corp. is treated with the appropriate confidentiality. We therefore commit to customers that we will take reasonable steps to protect the privacy of the information shared with us.
Recognition of a Customer’s Expectation of Privacy
We recognize your right to privacy at Magaya Corp. Thus, we recognize that you have a right to expect that your personal information will remain private and secure. We will maintain standards to ensure that any information that is requested by us is held private and secure at all times. The same standards apply regardless of whether you are a prospect, current customer, or former customer of Magaya Corp.
What Data We Collect
We collect the following information from you through a variety of sources:
- Personal Identifiers, contacts, and characteristics (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Web browsing data within our website (review Cookie Notice here)
All of these pieces of information will be referred to collectively throughout this policy as “Customer Information.”
How We Collect and Use Your Data
Information about you may be accumulated from a variety of sources. For example, we may collect nonpublic personal information about you from:
- Applications or other forms that you may fill out;
- Your transactional history with us, our affiliates, or others;
- Email communications that you send us or confirmations that we receive when you open your email from us;
- Comparison of our customer lists to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers;
- Consumer reporting agencies;
- and from other sources for reasons such as improving personalization of our service. For example, we may try to provide you with product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you.
We may use your personal data to communicate to you and respond to your requests, facilitate the delivery of services, provide support, conduct marketing, improve our records, and carry out other legitimate business purposes.
Your Data Protection Rights
Magaya makes commercially reasonable efforts to keep your files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. If you wish to contact us, access, update, or correct your Personal Information, please contact us at any time at the email address below. You can contact Magaya: email@example.com.
EU citizens have several rights that they are afforded under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Magaya provides the following rights to all natural persons:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your Customer Information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify Customer Information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your Customer Information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your Customer Information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your Customer Information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the Customer Information you gave us to another organization, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. However, a charge may occur to cover the administration efforts If we receive what may be considered excessive or repeated requests.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request. When you contact us, please provide us with your name, address, any email address you have provided to Magaya, and a description of the circumstances under which you provided the data (e.g., to register a product, to receive a newsletter, etc.). To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to data we maintain.
If you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Magaya Corp. has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
2509 AJ DEN HAAG
Tel. +31 070 888 8500
Disclosure of Customer Information
There are times when we are required to disclose your Customer Information, while at other times we may voluntarily provide your Customer Information to carefully screened third parties in order to provide you with the high-quality services that you have come to expect from Magaya Corp. In any event, we will always carefully control the way in which any Customer Information is shared.
For example, we must disclose your Customer Information if ordered to do so by court order.
On the other hand, we may disclose such information:
- To certain providers with which Magaya Corp. has an ongoing relationship, like a joint marketing agreement; or
- To companies that participate with Magaya Corp. in supplying products and services to customers; or
- To companies that promote products and services on our behalf; or
- To other companies and individuals who perform functions on our behalf. Functions may include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service; or
- To certain business transferees. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses, portions of businesses, or assets. In such transactions, Customer Information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that Magaya Corp. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, Customer Information will of course be one of the transferred assets; or
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Website Use Agreement and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Magaya Corp., our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- With your consent. Other than as set forth above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Whenever we disclose any Customer Information to such companies, we require that they honor and adhere to our commitment of customer privacy. Nonetheless, in the event that you do not wish to have your Customer Information revealed to such companies, you may “opt out” of these disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures permitted by law). For more information about opting out of such disclosures, please read our “Opt Out Option” below.
“Opt Out” As described above, you have an “opt out” option to allow you to choose whether or not you want your Customer Information to be shared with third parties. If you wish to exercise your right to “opt out”, you may request this by emailing us at email@example.com
Keeping Your Information Secure
We also restrict access to your Customer Information to only those employees who need to know such information in order to provide products or services to you.
We safeguard information according to established security standards and procedures, and we continually assess new technology for protecting information. Our employees are trained to understand and comply with these information safeguard principles.
Whenever we ask for personal information on our website, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for transferring data. This technology encrypts – or scrambles – your account information so it’s virtually impossible for anyone other than Magaya Corp. to read it.
We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
You can also help maintain the security of your information by not sharing your I.D. or password with anyone, by changing your password regularly, and by remembering to sign off when you are finished using the computer.
Accuracy of Information
Magaya Corp. gives you access to your account information for the limited purpose of viewing and, in some cases, updating your account information to ensure its accuracy.
Magaya Corp. also employs reasonable measures to ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of our Customer Information. If we become aware of inaccuracies in our records, we will take prompt steps to make appropriate corrections.
Linking From Our Site
On occasion Magaya Corp. may provide links on its website to other websites operated by third parties. If you use these links, you will leave Magaya Corp.’s website, and your browser will be re-directed to websites over which Magaya Corp. has no control. You should acquaint yourself with these other websites, as they may have privacy policies that differ significantly from ours.
Protecting Our Children
Magaya Corp. does not sell products for purchase by children. We do not knowingly solicit data from children, and we do not knowingly market to children. We recognize that protecting children’s identities and privacy online is important and that the responsibility to do so rests with both the online industry and with parents. The only situation in which Magaya Corp. might collect personal information from a child would be if a child includes the information in a question, he or she submits to us—which we ask children not to do. If Magaya Corp. receives such information, we delete the information as soon as we discover it and do not use it for any purpose. We also do not disclose it to third parties.